Tenting in Massive Sur is as various because the lodging. Benefit from the State Parks or the privately owned campgrounds, each positioned all through Massive Sur. Streamside tenting is accessible within the Massive Sur Valley and oceanview, bluff tenting is accessible within the southern finish of Massive Sur. The listing under offers you all of the identified choices in Massive Sur that supply tent tenting in addition to RV tenting. See the mountaineering part for backcountry tenting in Massive Sur.
- Andrew Molera State Park
(831) 667-1112 ANDREW MOLERA STATE PARK CAMPING AREA IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. YOU CAN STILL HIKE IN THE PARK AND DAY USE IS AVAILABLE.
- Massive Sur Campground & Cabins Recycling facility
(831) 667-2322 Yr-round household tenting among the many redwood timber alongside the Massive Sur river. Internal tube leases for floating on the Massive Sur river. Retailer, laundry, playground and basketball court docket. Tent tenting with scorching showers. RV tenting with water and electrical hook-ups in addition to a dump station. Fishing (November – February). Eating places, reward outlets, seaside and path entry are all close by. You will discover a wide range of cabins, together with tent cabins and A-Body cabins. Many with totally outfitted kitchens. Tenters Welcome – Rental lodging – Credit score Playing cards Accepted. AAA approved-reservations accepted-open all yr. RV websites.
- Massive Sur Deli & Basic Retailer
(831) 667-2225 Situated on the middle of Massive Sur subsequent to the USA Put up Workplace. A real common retailer, serving the area people for over 25 years. The widest number of groceries, nice wines, and beer, all on the most affordable costs within the space. The whole lot you want for a day journey or extended keep. Additionally that includes a full deli, a big number of T-Shirts, Massive Sur souvenirs, DVD leases, and an ATM machine. Opens early at 7:00 a.m. and closes late, at 9:00 p.m., seven days per week.
- Bottchers Hole
(805) 434-1996 CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Fernwood Campground Recycling
(831) 667-2422 Tent and RV tenting on either side of the Massive Sur River. Forest cabins with kitchens. Bordering Pfeiffer State Park with towering redwoods and delightful mountain views. Journey tents below the redwoods and tent-cabins on the river, entry to mountaineering trails, horse sneakers, volley ball, retailer, restaurant, tavern, and espresso bar. House of the albino redwood tree. Free Wi-Fi.
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
(831) 667-1112 Comply with the hyperlink on the left for tenting reservations. Has two hike-in environmental campsites.
Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park stretches from the Massive Sur shoreline into close by three,000-foot ridges. The park options redwood, tan oak, madrone, chaparral, and an 80-foot waterfall that drops from granite cliffs into the ocean from the Overlook Path. A panoramic view of the ocean and miles of rugged shoreline is accessible from the upper elevations alongside the paths east of Freeway 1. The park is 37 miles south of Carmel on Freeway One; 12 miles south of Pfeiffer Massive Sur State Park.Restrooms and phone obtainable to the general public. On-line reservations obtainable on the web site.
- Kirk Creek Campground Restrooms
(805) 434-1996 This Household Campground is roughly 45 miles north of Cambria, CA and 60 miles south of Carmel, CA. Situated on the west facet of Hwy. 1 overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this campground is located on bluff with implausible views of the Massive Sur shoreline. The websites are spacious and have a picnic desk, fireplace ring and pedestal barbeque. There may be one path offering seaside entry from the campground, or you’ll be able to drive four miles to Sand Greenback Seashore, the most important sandy seaside within the Massive Sur space. It’s a very fashionable spot for browsing, fishing (fishing permits are required for these over 16), swimming, exploring, sunbathing, and many others. The seaside is canine pleasant so long as they’re on a leash and they’re cleaned up after. Instantly throughout the freeway from Kirk Creek campground is the Vicente Flats trailhead main into the Ventana Wilderness. Inside a brief drive many trails could be accessed for mountaineering, backpacking, bicycling, searching and horseback driving. These trails provide a wide range of experiences together with water falls, groves of Redwood Bushes, breathtaking views, meadows and streams. The websites can be utilized for tenting or RVers. All roads are paved. There isn’t any water so you will need to carry your personal water. From November to February whales are migrating up or down the coast and sightings from the campground are frequent. The temperature is delicate yr spherical with the common within the winter being 64 levels. October-Might is a superb time to go to whether or not you might be tenting or RVing and presents fewer crowds. Forest Service is implementing the two automobile per web site most on the campground. You may make reservations as much as 6 months prematurely at www.recreation.gov or by calling (877) 444-6777
- Limekiln State Park
(805) 434-1996 Limekiln State Park has 33 developed websites on 716-acres. The park options breathtaking views of the Massive Sur Coast. The park options the fantastic thing about the redwoods, the rugged coast and the cultural historical past of limekilns. The park is 56 miles south of Carmel, off Freeway One; two miles south of Lucia. (making this about 28 miles South of Pfeiffer Massive Sur State Park) Aerial pictures of Limekiln State Park
Nacimiento Campground (805) 434-1996 Situated 11 miles from Kirk Creek Campground up Naciemento Ferguson Highway. Open Yr Spherical. Convey Water. No Reservations essential. First come first serve. U.S. Forest Service Campground that includes eight websites.
- Pfeiffer Massive Sur State Park
(831) 667-1112 Comply with the hyperlink on the left for tenting reservations. Providing tenting (169 websites, no hookups, sanitation station), picnic tables, mountaineering and swimming. Pfeiffer Massive Sur State Park has 1006 acres of redwoods, conifers, oaks, sycamores, cottonwoods, maples, alders and willows – plus open meadows. Wildlife contains deer, raccoons, skunks, and birds, equivalent to water ouzels and belted kingfishers. Hikers can benefit from the many scenic loops, together with a self-guided nature loop. Valley View Path supplies spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and the Massive Sur Valley. The scenic Massive Sur River programs by way of the park and the campgrounds are close by. The concession-operated Massive Sur Lodge supplies room and cabin lodging. (Massive Sur Lodge) The park is positioned 26 miles south of Carmel on Freeway One. On-line reservations obtainable on the web site.
- Plaskett Creek Campground
(805) 434-1996 This Household Campground is positioned roughly 40 miles north of Cambria, CA and 55 miles south of Carmel, CA. It sits on the east facet of Hwy. 1 and is simply south of Sand Greenback Seashore Day Use space which the most important sandy seaside in Massive Sur. is It’s a very fashionable spot for browsing, fishing (fishing permits are required for these over 16), swimming, exploring, sunbathing, and many others. The seaside is canine pleasant so long as they’re on a leash and they’re cleaned up after. The websites are spacious and have a picnic desk, fireplace ring and pedestal barbeque. Campground is sort of a massive meadow with mature pine timber positioned all through campground. Inside a brief drive many trails could be accessed for mountaineering, backpacking, bicycling, searching and horseback driving. These trails provide a wide range of experiences together with water falls, groves of Redwood Bushes, breathtaking views, meadows and streams. The websites can be utilized for tenting or RVers. All roads are paved, water spigots are positioned all through the campground and there are flush bogs and sinks within the restrooms. From November to February whales are migrating up or down the coast and sightings from the seaside or bluff trails are frequent. The temperature is delicate yr spherical with the common within the winter being 64 levels. October-Might is a superb time to go to whether or not you might be tenting or RVing and presents fewer crowds. Forest Service is implementing the two automobile per web site most on the campground. You may make reservations as much as 6 months prematurely at www.recreation.gov or by calling (877) 444-6777. Aerial Photographs of Plaskett Campground.
Pondorosa Campground (877) 444-6777 or (805) 434-1996 This Household Campground is positioned within the mountains of Massive Sur roughly 45 miles north of Cambria, CA (to Nacimiento/Ferguson Rd., County Highway G-14) and 55 miles south of Carmel, CA (to Nacimiento/Ferguson Rd., County Highway G-14). Ponderosa Campground has household campsites alongside a mountain trout stream below a cover of gorgeous timber roughly 13 miles east from Hwy. 1 on the Nacimiento-Ferguson Highway. The Nacimiento-Ferguson Highway runs from the coast at Kirk Creek on Rt. 1 to the Massive Sur excessive nation. 38 miles east of Ponderosa, the street supplies entry to King Metropolis and US 101 through Jolon Highway, passing by way of the Hunter-Liggett US Army Reservation. Ponderosa’s wealthy surroundings comprises Ponderosa Pine, Oak, Madrone & Sycamore timber in a excessive valley with the Nacimiento River working by way of the campground. The river is nice for fishing and there are lots of locations for a cool dip within the stream. Every web site has a picnic desk, fireplace ring and pedestal grill and water is accessible within the campground from Spring Break to Thanksgiving. Common Temperature in the summertime is excessive 80s to 90s within the day and excessive 50s to mid 60s at evening. Wildlife contains Fox, Bobcat, Deer and Raccoon. Mission San Antonio, one of many oldest California Missions, is positioned a brief drive away from the campground and encompasses a museum, unique aqueducts, Indian graveyard and chapel. There are numerous mountaineering/biking alternatives within the space. There are first come/first serve websites or you may make reservations as much as 6 months prematurely for stays between Might 1 to September 30 at www.recreation.gov or by calling (877) 444-6777.
Level Lobos State Reserve Restrooms(831) 624-4909 Level Lobos State Reserve is listed right here though it doesn’t provide any tenting alternatives. It does enable day use and is among the most stunning spots alongside the Central California Coast. Situated three miles south of Carmel on Freeway One. Level Lobos comprises headlands, coves, and rolling meadows. The offshore space kinds one of many richest underwater habitats on the planet. Wildlife contains seals, sea lions, sea otters, grey, humpback, and blue whales. Mountain climbing trails observe the shoreline and result in hidden coves. World class SCUBA diving. Aerial photographs of Level Lobos.
- Riverside Campgroun
(831) 667-2414 Our stunning 16-acre canine pleasant property presents RV and tent tenting in addition to 12 cozy cabins nestled in majestic redwoods alongside the Massive Sur river. Mountain climbing and seaside entry are simply minutes away. Take pleasure in seasonal catch & launch fishing, swimming and inside tubing within the Massive Sur river. Pet pleasant. Free wi-fi web.
- Treebones Resort
(877) 424-4787 (877) 4BIG SUR Options seven ocean view tent campsites (together with the 16 yurts). Nice views of the Pacific at Cape San Martin in south Massive Sur. Will be reserved prematurely! Campsite charges embrace full use of resort services (pool, scorching tub, showers) and complimentary breakfast for 2. (Most occupancy two visitors per web site) There are two restaurant venues on the Resort: Coastal delicacies boasting recent natural greens harvested from resort backyard and the well-known Sundown Sushi Bar. Present and Handy Retailer. Aerial photographs of Treebones Resort.
Ventana Campground in Massive Sur, positioned roughly 65 miles north of San Simeon and 30 miles south of Carmel, is a tremendous 40 acre redwood canyon. All the conventional websites observe the present contour of the canyon and Put up Creek with out disturbing its pure magnificence. We have now three fashionable bathtub homes and every campsite has a picnic desk and fireplace ring with water taps a brief stroll away. We’re centrally positioned close to common shops, eating places, cafes, reward outlets, delis, taverns, and the put up workplace within the Massive Sur neighborhood.
Ventana Campground is a tent solely campground. We can not accommodate RV’s, motor properties, journey trailers or pop-up tent trailers. We do settle for camper vans and vehicles with roof tents or small campers on high (not than 22 ft.)